Your Modern World Punches Your Brain

There’s a lot of debate over the cause or source of homosexuality, mostly involving nature vs. nurture, biology vs. desire, and so on. We can all agree, however, that it’s not caused by demonic possession.

Or so I thought.

It stuns me that these things still happen. Most people of faith can reconcile science and psychology with their beliefs and move on with their lives. Unfortunately whackjobs like this make them look bad. As far as I’m concerned, these people are no different from the pinheads who kill albinos for their magic, sacrifice goats to fix airplanes, or marry their daughters off to frogs.

At least this kid lived through his ordeal. Another boy died, and police rescued a young girl as her own grandfather strangled her.

Welcome to progress, people. This is your modern world.

No comments

1. JohnU says:

Did I read that right? Was her justification seriously, “God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve”?

2. Troy says:

What’sup, Mike?

How’s the family?

How’s the writing?

My son Will whom you met is heading to college this fall.

Take care,
    Troy

John — Yep, I believe that’s about it.

Troy — College? Yikes! They grow up fast, man. Things are well here. Writing has been slow but what else is new there. Heh. How’s things on your end?

Mike

4. Troy says:

Things are fine, work, work, work!

Heading up to Minnesota with my daughter in August to visit my folks. Should be a good time. Thirty year high school reunion, see my sister and a bunch of relatives.

Can’t wait, letting the hair grow out so I can make those bald dudes jealous (LOL).

Take care,
    Troy

“Letting the hair grow out so I can make those bald dudes jealous.”

It’s always the little things that make us so happy. :)

5. Troy says:

Aaaaah, the wife made me cut the hair….

Been doing that onehundredpushups program I got off of your website, Sunday is Week 3, Day 3. Up to 50 pushups total in one session broken into 5 sets.

Onwards and upwards!

Leave for Minnesota in 4 days.

Take care,
    Troy

Good job on the push-ups! I let the program slack when I upped the karate practice for my next stripe. I’m going to try to start it up again soon.

Enjoy your trip!