So help me, I’m looking forward to the new A-Team movie.
When Rampage Jackson as B.A. stands up and the “da-da-daaa” plays in the background? I get chills. I loved this show as a kid.
Yes, the tank bit in the trailer makes me wince a little, but come on, the original series had it’s fair amount of cheese. In fact, it had a simple formula it followed through just about every episode:
- A disguised Hannibal lands them a job
- Break Murdock out of a mental hospital
- Make B.A. drink tranquilized milk so he’ll fly with Murdock
- Meet clients, size up situation
- Build big, crazy vehicle out of trucks/vans/cars and scrap metal
- Kick ass (including lots of shooting with nobody getting shot, and lots of explosions and vehicles doing flips)
- “I love it when a plan comes together.”
Had to be some of the easiest writing ever. Only writing Scooby-Doo would be easier. Hell, producing the show had to be easy, too, because the same stuntmen showed up over and over as bad guys.
No matter. Opening day, my ass is in a theater seat.