Short stories, that is.
It occurred to me today that I’ve got several short stories in the can, two more in a slush pile, and another I’m editing. Here’s a loose breakdown:
- “Inazuma” available for free right here
- “‘Til Undeath Do Us Part” accepted for an unannounced zombie anthology
- “Bravo Four”, which you’ll hear more about this year
- “With This Bullet I Thee Wed” on cold submission
- “A Family Tree, Uprooted” coming soon in The Burning Maiden
- “The Malice Engine” on submission by invitation
- “Good for What Ails Ya” in Relics & Remains
- “Quick Pickup”, accepted and undergoing final edits for an unannounced anthology
This is good news, as I didn’t realize I’ve been that busy. I expect most of these to drop this year, and of course I’ll keep you up to date.
If “With This Bullet…” doesn’t make the cut where it’s been sent, it’ll be the next story to appear here for free. It was originally accepted for another anthology, but when the other stories came in, the editor decided it wouldn’t fit in with the rest of the pieces. I sent him something else, then fired “With This Bullet…” off to another market. One way or another, you will get to read it.
Now I have more editing to do, but I also need sleep for the day job. Decisions, decisions…