It took five months, but at last the weather is getting to the point I can ride the motorcycle consistently. Today I rode out to our second campus at work and discovered a friend rode his Shadow to work as well. I parked next to him and took a quick photo.
I did a little work on Lenore tonight. I intended to tighten her chain, but I couldn’t budge the axle nuts and I don’t have the right tools to break them loose. Instead I ended up filling the tires, checking the oil, and then I adjusted and reversed the saddle bags. They sit a little more level now, and should prevent an issue I had where a heavy load pressed one bag down onto the exhaust pipe. That didn’t turn out well for the bag or the payload.
Because of the tools and consequences of failure involved, I’ll probably have the professionals just go ahead and replace the chain and sprockets. The chain looks like this adjustment will put it past the safe operating range, and I have no idea when they were last replaced. Then I’ll take care of an oil and filter change and check/replace the spark plugs myself, and she should be good to go for a while.
I thought about using this picture for Photo Friday, but ultimately decided I didn’t like the background. I’m sure we can fix that in the future.